The Human Genome has finally been fully sequenced!
Since the human Genome is finally fully sequenced means that we have the entire genetic makeup or code for humans deciphered.
Each humans have around 20,000 protein-coding genomes.
The sequence of human genome uses a very long string of letters in a mysterious language that is very much in code. Human genome is made up of 3 billion genetic letters.
In 2003, the Human Genome Project made history when it sequenced 92% of the human genome. But two decades later, scientists have struggled to decipher the remaining 8%. Now, a team has unveiled the complete human genome.
This type of established and interpreted code will help scientist understand how genomes work together in order to grow, develop, and maintain an entire organism. Deciphering the code took over 25+ years to achieve. This is an astounding discovery since we can finally decipher the human genes.
By finding the genome instruction set, we can identify, finding the set of genetic roots of diseases and then be able to develop treatments. Better understanding of chromosomes will determine genetic diseases, defection, cancers, and other mutations occurring throughout different body parts that develop during different ages. â€œa single nucleotide change in a single gene can be responsible for causing human disease.â€
We are also able to look at the evolution of human genetic variation, search for mutations that are linked to certain characteristics of diseases, and see how human ancestors evolved in Africa. It will help us to compare other mammals genome sequences to find similarities and differentiation.
By looking and comparing DNA/RNA strands and gene variants; doctors and scientists will be able to guide information about their health care. In the pharmaceutical world, Artificial Intelligence in the future can find out how effective a drugs potency is on an individuals body part by algorithms calculating the percentages of dose affecting the body part.
One day this might even help us create or determine genetic enhancements to even getting gene edited babies.